27.2.05

Well, I have completed the first week of my advanced field experience (EDFX 450) at J. Percy Page. The walk to school from my house takes about ten minutes.

The science teachers hang out in the science office, and the place is full of unit binders, notes, and textbooks. I've had the chance to observe almost all of them in action this past week. I will get to teach my first class tomorrow (Chemistry 20). That will certainly be quite exciting. The boys in this class appear to be fixated on playing calculator games rather than listening. A recent development in classroom management, I'm sure. What could be better than having a monochrome video game system (TI-83+) disguised as a calculator?

I spent the weekend planning a week's (3 days) worth of lessons for chemistry, before the workload piles on the following week. Teacher's convention is taking place this week, so this marks the third consecutive week that the students haven't had a full week of classes.