3.3.05

I was at Teachers' Convention today. It was silly because both of the morning sessions that I had planned to go to were full. So I had to scramble and find a session that was half-decent without having to walk to another building.

There are actually some teachers who will go off-topic with their questions and complain about government funding, even when the presenters are in no capacity to address their issues. It happened when I was in a session for professional development with technology, and again during a talk presented by the ATA president. It upsets me when this kind of negativity exists.

I didn't plan on meeting anybody today, but I did run into Jesse outside Sunterra (after purchasing a terriyaki chicken wrap) and we watched the presentation on muons with a few other physical science APT students. I saw my IPT mentor teacher eating lunch at the Edmonton City Centre West food court, but he appeared to be busy with someone. I saw the two math teachers from Old Scona in the mall, so I nodded to them. Finally, I saw John just as he was about to leave the conference. Purely coincidental that I didn't see anybody else that I remotely recognized today.