Today I woke up a little tired after a full day's worth of activities yesterday.
In the morning, I was removing the carpet from the stairs. This was a task I decided to apprehend without gloves. Bad idea. I had those carpet grippers (wooden strips with nails punctured through them) scratch my hands and wrists, giving the impression that I've been attacked by cats.
During the late afternoon, I met my friend John, who was my 4th year education buddy and came up all the way from his camp at Crowsnest Pass (with his wife Lauranne) for a friend's wedding. He's a past counsellor and current administrator at the camp. We went to a little acreage where a friend of Lauranne's is spending the summer. John and I were responsible for the barbecue, which was a bad idea, because we didn't let the skewers sit on the flame long enough. The meat was soft and pink! I hope nobody got Salmonella. (I avoided the meat.)
In the evening, we went to Dairy Queen for a Dilly Bar and then played hacky-sack until the mosquitoes became overly irritating.