28.8.05

Well, it is my last day in Edmonton for now.

I met up with my friend Karl and we walked over to his new apartment, which is still under renovations. He's been working pretty hard since the strike at his company began one month ago, completing 12-hour shifts in the daytime and another four-plus hours in the evening. Afterwards, we went out for a nice lunch at Sherlock Holmes. Well, he had a nice lunch. I had breakfast, so I wasn't that hungry.

My favourite radio station, the CBC, has locked out its unionized workers for the past two weeks. It's a shame that much of the summer programming was cut, and some of the familiar voices have gone off the air. However, they have not conceded to total silence, thanks to the Internet. This will satisfy my ears for a bit while I am down in the USA.