5.9.05

I arrived in Raeford, NC on September 1. I was greeted by my 'local advisor', an ESL elementary teacher named Veronica, from Chile. She helped me and my roommate Gyorge find accomodations.

Gyorge, from Hungary, exempt from paying US taxes and bringing his wife and dog (a Hungarian Sheep Dog) here, decided on a beautiful $666/month, two bedroom apartment in Fayetteville with swimming pool. I didn't want to drive that far every day, so I decided to rent out the other bedroom where my advisor is staying. It's furnished, and contains all the basics that I would need.

I picked up my new leased car when I arrived in Raeford, as well. It's a little expensive to lease, but at least I have something to drive. Raeford is a little town with no public transportation, and some communities are far out, so it's essential. I was given a 2004 Mitsubishi Lancer, graphite colo(u)red. It's really easy to drive, since most of my previous driving experience involved minivans and station wagons.

School resumes tomorrow, since today is the Labo(u)r day holiday. I had the opportunity to see my classes last week, and it's going to be a challenging year, I can see it already. My teaching assignment for this year includes one chemistry class and two biology classes. I'm working on my lesson plans at the moment.