27.3.07

Well, the staff retreat to Sea Trail (in Sunset Beach, N.C.) was a lot of fun. I got to know a few staff members a lot better, getting to work with them throughout the workshop. It's too bad we didn't actually get to go to the beach, since it was one mile away.

We took a detour on the way there because I am certain that the signs in Lake View, S.C. were changed. Why we even went through S.C. was confusing (maps and directions provided by randmcnally.com and mapquest.com told us just that.)

The accommodations were great. High ceilings, a full kitchen, master bedroom, dining room table, two couches, drawers stacked with puzzles and things to read, and even a washer and dryer. I virtually had the whole place to myself since my roommate (an assistant principal) was always out having some sort of fun each night.

We were told that we came at the right time because Gov. Mike Easley was holding the Governor's conference at Sea Trail the day we returned home. So the staff were busy sprucing up the place while we were there.