23.10.04

Midterm Week beckons. I had a presentation yesterday, which went reasonably well, given the work we put into it. By "reasonably well" I meant that I didn't flub up my part, and our group didn't put out any discussion or questions that the class couldn't participate in and/or understand.

I am getting over my cold, which affected the way my voice sounded. I don't know, is a nasal voice supposed to sound sexy?

Canada finally has its own synchrotron! The official grand opening was yesterday in Saskatoon, although scientists probably tried it out beforehand, to make sure it worked.

Google! shares. I knew I should have purchased a couple of hundred back then, and hold on to for a couple of months. On August 19th, the initial public offering was $85, to much fanfare. It closed yesterday @$172.43, after it released its quarterly earnings report. This is probably just a dot-com late bloomer, but still...