A cold day. I wandered over to the polling station at 10 this morning to cast a vote for MLA (Edmonton-Mill Woods) and for the Senate members. I voted for Lloyd Nelson (NDP) for MLA. I was debating between Nelson and Weslyn Mather (Liberal) on the way to the school, passing by large numbers of election signs for the PC candidate. You can tell they have large coffers. The Senate election, I thought was a total waste of time, since ten of the twelve candidates were either affiliated with the PC or Alberta Alliance parties. You are permitted to select up to four people, but I just selected one, and only because he was "Independent". The whole process took less than five minutes.
The Senate thing is a waste of $3 million, because we know Paul Martin is not going to appoint the "elected" members. Why does Alberta always try these ideas that are so conservative-centric?