In case some of you don't know, I spend a lot of time on the bus (because I don't own a car). Nearly an hour and a half every day. Usually, I pass the time by listening to the radio or doing course readings. Today was ETS day - a little over three hours - around town.
I missed the University bus, so I had to take three buses to get to my 8 a.m. class. A bus to Millgate. Transfer to a bus that was just pulling away, which carried me to 99 St. @ Whyte Ave. Yet another bus to take me to campus. (49 minutes)
We had 50 minutes after our EDU 250 class to hand in that sheet where we had to decide our own fate. I chose the change midterm to 25% and final to 45% option because the final is all multiple-choice, and I felt short-changed after the midterm essay. Most of the class was done after about 10 minutes. So I spent the remaining 40 minutes talking to John.
I ran to the LRT station and took the LRT to Corona. I disembarked with a girl and then we both boarded the trolley bus on Jasper @ 107 St. She paid her $2 fare here. I don't know what the point of not paying the fare before boarding the LRT is, since if you're caught without a fare, the fine's $110. (41 minutes)
At Jasper Place, I transferred to one of those bus/van hybrids where the air inside is always stale, and the seats are filled with crumbs. It took me directly to the place where I had some software training (in some industrial area). (12 minutes)
After training, I took a regular bus to Westmount, transferred to a bus full of (loud) Ross Sheppard kids to Kingsway, and then to a bus which brought me home. (84 minutes)
I experienced every type of vehicle ETS has in operation on the same day (regular bus, low floor bus, trolley, economical low floor, and LRT). When you don't have your own car, you have to be resourceful.