13.5.05

I'm sitting at Knowledge Common this morning, doing some computer work. I don't have a high-quality flatbed scanner at home (the one I have is about eight years old), so I came here to scan my documents that will make up my electronic teaching portfolio. Oh, and the reason why I'm not at work is because today is my earned day off (EDO, also known as Leave Without Pay, or LWOP).

Sometimes, people treat inanimate objects as their "baby". These objects are usually items such as their notebook computer, their car, or their cell phone. Well, I have my own today. Earlier this week, I bought a digital camera from the UofA Bookstore. I couldn't resist, at less than half the price of its replacement, the PowerShot SD300.
Here are the advantages of my baby:
- better quality pictures, because the camera lens is larger than the SD300.
- uses CompactFlash memory cards, as opposed to the proprietary Secure Digital cards, which is what the SD series uses.
- less noise than the S500, its five-megapixel big brother which can take larger pictures but has the same sensor as the S410 (therefore contributing to the noise).
- made in Japan; I don't think there's much of a difference, but Canon now manufactures its digital cameras in China.