It was the third day at my new assignment at the City of Edmonton. I am working in the human resources department for the summer on the 9th floor of Century Place. I have been meeting a lot of new faces, but of course, my memory is not that great so I can't remember them all.
I am still waiting for the 'CR' to show up for EDFX 450 (field experience) so that my official GPA will be calculated on the transcript. There are a couple of applications I should start (Fort McMurray, Elk Island) - but I am waiting for (yet) another reference letter before proceeding. This one is from my university facilitator for this term.
I called the IT Help Desk a few times today and told them about all of the persistent problems I have had with my account (in particular, Microsoft Outlook) for the past year. The guy was really nice and fixed all of them. Should have phoned him sooner! I finished creating a database project using Microsoft Access today. The interface is a little ugly, but hey, it does what it's supposed to.
Today was the day that I submitted a form for a criminal record check. I went to the downtown police headquarters, where it costs $30 and the wait is 2-4 weeks, rather than going to the Sherwood Park RCMP (where it is free and results are immediately available). See, it does pay to live outside the city!