10.12.05

I attended an "Integration" workshop at school, which was being held in my classroom and lab. Our principal said that he hoped there were two reasons why we came: 1) the sausage biscuits for breakfast; and 2) the $100 stipend. Of course, he's got a sense of humor. It would have been more useful if I had the handouts, but a relatively easy day at work.

My friend G. finally got his passports back from Immigration Canada - so now he and his wife have visas to enter Canada for the Christmas holidays. I helped him map out his itinerary to Toronto from Fayetteville.

Afterwards I had supper at Tony Roma's with a teaching colleague, K., a first-year world history and U.S. history teacher from the HAPS Academy.

Points for:
- long table - a table for two that could have seated four, possibly six
- the Chicken Tenderloin Platter (my order), which came with honey mustard sauce, fries and coleslaw
- warm bread with garlic butter
- the wet towelette the server brings you afterwards to clean your hands

Deductions:
- presence of celery in the coleslaw
- no drink refills
- server offered another bread with the meal, but by the time it came around, we had finished
- excessive long wait for the bill