I spoke with the EC consultative science/social studies teacher today, and she agreed to come and work with me during the 2nd period class every day until the end of the semester. Until today, I have been teaching a class of 26 students, of which 16 have are classified as ADD, ADHD, BED, ESL, LD, EMD, or just B-A-D. OTM-OTM (on the mind, out the mouth), ghetto, I have them all.
Now, I am one of the few teachers who have to deal with all of them at once. Although my team has common students and classes, the math and English teachers don't have to deal with all of 'em at once, because if the students in the class have math during this semester, some of them go to TAMS (Transition to Advanced Math), TAMS for special needs students, or Algebra I. Same goes for English (English I, Strategic Reading). No such variety exists for the science classes, so they all reassemble here for second period.