12.10.06

In case you've been counting (and I hope you haven't), this is post #200 of my blog. Not much to say except that I am ready for the weekend, and I have only taught two days this week (Monday was a teacher workday and Tuesday was parent-teacher conference day).

Last Saturday, I was driving on U.S. 74 to Charlotte (again, this time for a VIF workshop) and I might have gotten a ticket of some sort. I hope not, since I was only going about 5 mph over the speed limit in Marshville (the home of Randy Travis). In fact, the deputy sheriff's car passed mine as we crossed the county line. I was suspicious because the line of cars in front of me (four or five cars) were driving through the town (and through many traffic lights) alongside the police cruiser (pretty courteously, it seems), but then all of a sudden (a couple of miles down the road) the line pulled into the gas station with the police cruiser, as did the car behind me. If only I had taken N.C. 218 from Polkton instead...but I still arrived about 15 minutes late.

Anyway, I am so tired, but I have so much work to do!