23.6.07

I was in Graham on Thursday, visiting with some of my host's relatives. We passed through five counties to get there. Add that to the eleven I passed through the day before and that's quite an adventure. Since I'm leaving N.C. in less than a week, I became ambitious and decided to make a list of all the counties that I have passed through during my time here (in alphabetical order):

Alamance
(Burlington, Graham), Anson, Bladen, Brunswick (Sunset Beach), Buncombe, Burke, Cabarrus, Catawba, Chatham, Columbus, Cumberland (Fayetteville, Hope Mills), Currituck (Corolla), Dare (Kill Devil Hills), Davie, Durham (Durham), Edgecombe, Forsyth, Guilford (Greensboro), Halifax, Harnett (Raven Rock State Park), Haywood, Hoke (Raeford!), Iredell, Jackson (Cullowhee), Johnston, Lee, McDowell, Martin, Mecklenburg (Charlotte, Huntersville), Montgomery, Moore (Aberdeen, Pinehurst, Southern Pines), Nash, New Hanover (Carolina Beach, Wilmington), Northampton, Orange (Chapel Hill), Randolph, Richmond, Robeson (Pembroke), Scotland (Laurinburg, Wagram), Tyrrell, Union, Wake (Cary, Raleigh), Washington, Wilson

bold type denotes endpoints of trips I have made
That is 44 counties out of 100.