14.6.04

The Canon PowerShot S500 digital camera my parents ordered last week has come in. What's not to like about it? Five megapixels, 3x optical zoom in a case smaller than a box of cigarettes. The compact size also means that you need to buy proprietary rechargeable batteries (at $70+ each) instead of traditional AA ones, and may be non-existent (obsolete) within three years.

I signed up for the new Bonfire music service at futureshop.ca and received a $10 credit. Bonfire is a front-end for puretracks.com. After relegating myself to using two pieces of junk temporarily (IE and Windows Media Player) to access the site, and much browsing for good music (of which there was little), I settled for Audrey de Montigny's new album, which is mostly in French but still a pleasure to listen to. It cost $8.55. For a bunch of digital files with copy protection. Je peux toujours utiliser un peu de pratique sur mon français.

What else? I got an extension at my current job until the end of August. So I guess I was doing a good job, after all. This means I get to keep my cell phone as well. Not that I was becoming attached to it or anything...