Just before I mowed the lawn today, I saw a mosquito. Usually I just put up with mosquito bites but this year, you can't take any chances. So I searched for my mosquito repellent before starting. Since I am working on four hours of sleep today, I discovered that a good stress reliever is to pull weeds in your garden. Bonus points if the root comes out on your first pull.
The price tag on the S500 was apparently too high for my father, so he returned it and instead bought a bargain-basement, discontinued HP PhotoSmart 935 digital camera. It is 5.3 MP with 3x optical/7x digital zoom, uses SD memory cards and 2 AA batteries. The thing is a power sucker, and it takes a long time (~10 seconds) to write pictures to the card. 15 minutes of usage and the two 2100 mAH rechargable NiMH batteries are drained. Heck, the indicator goes down to 65% when you turn it on for the first time with the new batteries! Not bad value for $250, though.
I watched Fight Club at my friend Karl's house last night, along with Jeremiah and Arif. Then we watched and played along with the 1 a.m. Price is Right with commercial breaks filled with B.C. government-sponsored advertising. I suppose that is how small TV networks in northern B.C. find their dollars, because there is no target market in Houston, Kitimat or Smithers.