22.4.05

Week 8 of my student teaching round has been completed. I have learned so much throughout this field experience: unit planning, classroom management, organization.

I have Science 10, Science 20 and Chemistry 20. Of course, each class has its share of quirks. My favourite class is probably the Science 10 class (29 students). They're fun to teach, and there is a good balance of students. In the Science 20 class, there is 14 students, but 2 students ask all of the questions (not necessarily good questions, just annoying ones) and show obvious symptoms of ADHD.

"Mr. L., I think you're better suited to teaching academic classes." No kidding!

Today, I'm on campus for the "APT callback day". There was a little over half the class that even bothered to show up. We shared any interesting stories, and were done within half an hour. I talked to about two students, and that was it. A complete waste of time.