Do you know where Garden River, Alberta is? I had never heard of it before last Wednesday. On my 1991 official Alberta road map (the newest one I have), it isn't even on the map. After some looking up in other sources, I found it.
It is located inside Wood Buffalo National Park, and takes ~10 h to reach Garden River from Edmonton by car. First, you need to get to Highway 58 (the northernmost east-west highway in Alberta) via Highway 35 (which is paved) or Highway 88 (which is partly gravel road, but the distance is ~170 km shorter). After that you need to travel east on Highway 58 until the official end, and then continue further on an unimproved road for ~50 km. In the winter, your only option out is by private charter plane.
The reason why I mention this is because I received a phone call from the principal of a First Nations school in Garden River. We had a friendly little chat, and she told me about the school and community. If it weren't for the extreme isolation, I would have considered it.