29.6.05

The domino effect on the regular morning bus ride.

I left home this morning a little earlier than usual, but couldn't "feel" my bus pass inside my pocket. I returned home to retrieve it. When I was a few steps from my home, I unzipped my pocket and realized I had it the whole time. Running a little back to the bus stop, I saw the express bus (#64) stopped at the light a couple of blocks ahead. Then the regular route (#8) decided to whiz by my stop since the driver thought I was going to board the bus which had stopped (#73) so I had to get on the #73 to get to the transit centre. The #8 starts to pull away from the stop as I approach it, but luckily the driver saw me jump to the curb. Along the way, we approach the train tracks and along the crossing is one of the longest trains I have ever encountered (one of the cars owned by the Government of Canada had "F*ck the" preceeding it, compliments of a graffiti artist). Total bus ride time (including waits): 55 minutes, which is over 20 minutes longer than usual. So if I'm acting strange today, you know why.