12.1.07

I went to my local credit union to ask about getting a replacement debit card. Mine had somehow worn out from the few times I did use it. Maybe it was the windshield scraping I did with it last year. They made me get one of those member ID cards that they are promoting. And my picture will be on my new debit card as well. No exceptions...even if my hair is a bit long. They had a PowerShot A400 set up to take these pictures.

I didn't smile the first time. I told her in Canada we're not allowed to smile for passport pictures because it hides facial features. But I did the second time. The picture is a little off-centered. I wonder what it will look like on the debit card. She said it looked better than the picture on my driver's license.

The lady told me the advantage is that when I use the card to buy things, I don't need to show my driver's license anymore, since the photo is right on the card.