At this moment, in the land the Americans call the great white north, it is currently 26°C, with a projected high of 32°C today. I don't know what the deal on West Nile virus is in Alberta, but how are you supposed to go running in this kind of weather while keeping from being bitten by a mosquito?
There was a silly fire alarm in the building yesterday. Luckily, it happened at lunchtime, so then I thought "what the heck" and walked down eighteen floors where I was greeted by a nice loud buzzer on the main floor. I took the LRT to the UofA and walked/ran all the way back to Grandin Station. I managed to do it in 22 minutes wearing cargos and a polo shirt.
This time I actually used the hiking trail which led to the bushes. Last time I went that way I was afraid that I was going to get lost and backed out after maybe 50 metres, but I was determined this time. There was a lot of staircases in between lengthy downhill paths (you have to keep running to keep your footing). But when it led back to the bike path, I knew where I was, and that was good.
After work, my friend A.M. and I went out for coffee (in a bookstore / coffee shop hybrid), went to Best Buy to look at miscellaneous stuff that techies would love to have but not actually need, and then visit to Tokyo Express. As usual, I didn't eat the pink ginger things that came with the plate but I did try my raw fish with wasabi in soy sauce this time. Not too bad.