5.7.04

Searching for that ultimate vacation...

I've been working in the IT department for some seven weeks and they've run out of stuff for me to do. I look forward to my abbreviated summer vacation, which begins August 28th this year. My parents have been out of the country twice in the past year; next week my sister leaves for Montréal for five weeks. Montréal is one of my favourite cities in Canada. The last time I went on a vacation was April 2003, which was a two-day getaway to Banff National Park. The last time I went anywhere more than 2 Mm (2 megametres, = 2 000 km) away was San Francisco and Las Vegas, and that was ... almost two years ago.

I've been travel deprived, even though it's one of my favourite things to do. I've opted for summer jobs instead of going on vacation. I've gone to school for five straight years now. I travel virtually through the Internet and travel guides. My philosophy says that I can't go anywhere exotic until I secure a full-time job, and (unfortunately) I don't know when that is going to happen. Tomorrow night my favourite reality TV show begins on CFRN and CBS. The Amazing Race 5! I can't wait.