I woke up at 05:30, somewhat deprived of sleep. Reason? My sister left for Montréal this morning and she had to get to the airport. I watched longingly as travellers checked their bags, ready for their summer vacation. When I got home I couldn't sleep. So I walked to Lakewood (about six blocks away) and took the bus to the UofA. It was such a nice day, people were in shorts and stuff, while I had my fleece and jeans. I walked along the bike trail westward on Saskatchewan Drive until I saw a sign that said Kinsmen Park, although when I followed the trail (second time in my life I went down this path; first time was in Biology 208) all the way to the end, I saw Emily Murphy Park and a firepit and picnic table that looked really similar.
Exactly where I was three Saturdays ago, hanging out with l337 d00dz and other people who love cellphones, PS2s and computers. We had a barbecue and played this stupid card game called Mao. I reminisced for a couple of seconds, and then walked towards downtown along a wide dirt path that followed the river. I was getting pretty sweaty, and thirsty. Nope, didn't bring a water bottle. Practically all of the cyclists and joggers along the trails had shorts...but I am West Nile Virus savvy. Anyway, I walked under the LRT bridge to River Road, and then followed the bike trail some more until 105 St. Then I walked northbound to 96 Ave., then west (up a slight incline) to the Legislature building. I took a quick repose watching some kids play in the mini pool and then continued to the Grandin LRT station. The sky was overcast by then. I took the LRT to downtown and waited about 10 minutes for the bus. About three stops away from my home, it began to rain. Hard. With hail. Just my luck. Or maybe I should be glad I didn't go out in a T-shirt and shorts. Anyway, I got home soaked. And that's my adventure for today.