Went on a day trip to Chapel Hill last Thursday, with the purpose of completing a walking tour at UNC. Guided tours weren't offered that day; but the C-TOPS orientation for incoming freshmen and their parents were taking place.
Approximately 73% of undergraduates complete a course during intersession. Guess there's nothing better to do in Chapel Hill (I'm kidding). I ate lunch at the Lenoir dining hall, where there were three services open: Subway, Chick-fil-A and a smoothie stand.
Walking through Venable Hall, I noticed that the science buildings were as old and smelly as the ones at the UofA. Their students' union is a little bit more well-funded though; they have large screen Tvs for students to watch. That day, it was the U.S. vs. Ghana World Cup match.
What's great about Chapel Hill is that their transit system is fare-free. So you can ride around campus and across town to your heart's content. It would also save you on transportation costs.