22.5.04

I went to the Sport Mart at Bonnie Doon Shopping Centre this morning to have a look at their inline skates. I tried on a pair of Ultra Wheels HY3, and they were enough for my needs, so I bought them. I actually wanted the HY5, but the closest Sport Mart that had them (in my size) was in B.C. I got a free 3-piece protective gear set with my skates (because they did not have anymore 2-piece ones in stock). That's good, because now I don't have to buy wristguards either. The colour of the personal protective equipment was orange, which just happens to be the same colour as my skates (as the salesgirl noted). The wristguards are probably the most important piece of protection (more than the elbow and knee pads), she said. Well, it doesn't matter, because I'll probably be using them as secondary brakes.

I practised my skating technique inside my house for a bit, and will hit the streets of Edmonton once I purchase a new helmet from MEC sometime tomorrow.