15.5.04

Whenever my parents go away on vacation, my sister and I usually take a break from rice (and other chinese stuff) and eat whatever cooks the fastest. This includes items such as macaroni-and-cheese, pasta and sauce, instant ramen (noodles) -- boil water and you're off. Pizza -- not delivery, but from the deli or from the freezer; and Pizza Pops (microwave for 3 minutes).

This morning, I finally finished Mineweeper in expert mode! At 387 seconds, it's not exactly the best time. But I'm glad to have finished it at least once.

My sister was nice enough to buy me a new water bottle to replace the one that was stolen from me while I was at Riverbend. This one is green with a black lid.

I found my scientific calculator as well, so all in all, this is a good week for me. I thought somebody had stolen it from me at Riverbend. (I usually brought it to school in case some student forgot his or hers on the day of a quiz or exam, a practice I learned from my EDSE 352 instructor, Sherry Olson.) There was always a student who forgot to bring one.

Yesterday was my last day at the community services department for a while. I did a lot of photocopying and data entry (community league grants). After keying in numbers in front of the computer screen for six hours, I went home and watched TV all evening.

I also tried Quizno's Bourbon Chicken Flatbread (a low carb selection). Cost: $6.73. Very hot, but packed with chicken strips and a sweet sauce. Comes with a jalapeno pepper, which I promptly discarded. The sandwich was hot enough without it. I ate the whole thing in less than five minutes. The flatbread was an $.80 upgrade, one that I will not opt for next time. Note: This was not a personal attempt to follow the Dr. Atkins diet.