28.9.04

I am submitting this entry from somewhere other than the privacy of my own home (first time ever). That's right, I'm working in the Mac lab in the Education building, sitting in the furthest row from the front.

Today our latest assignment for the interactive multimedia course is to make a ~30 s video and mix it with music extracted from a CD, a voice over (recorded with a microphone), and snazzy effects in the middle. The video comes from a MiniDV camcorder that we get to use around campus and act crazy.

I can't believe that I'm having trouble keeping up with four courses, I wondered how I managed to do five for the last five years. I believe I'm spending too much time on the ethics and law in teaching course. I signed up for the Study Buddy program, and will be volunteering at Avalon Junior High School this term.

Our EDU 250 professor wanted to shift the final exam date to December 7, which would have made my exam schedule a breeze (one final per week, for three weeks), however, many students objected to this (through a form we filled out recently) because of their various term projects and papers which are due around that time. So we will write the final exam one week before Christmas.