1.9.04

I haven't posted anything recently because I have tried to reduce my exposure to computers. After I shut down my computer at work for the last time on the 27th, I thought it would be fun to see how long I could last without facing a computer monitor (of any sort).

So, I watched the Olympics on CBC. I went out for a walk from Gold Bar Park to Riverdale. I took carefree naps. I read. It was great being out of touch electronically. Until I purchased some textbooks from the UofA bookstore and the guy at the cashier told me I couldn't buy the books AND my September bus pass on credit card. So I had to check my balances on the web when I got home because I was worried that I had overdrawn. Thankfully, I had not. But that stopped my computer-free streak at 75 hours.

One last note about the Olympics: Canada seems to have a charm for finishing fourth. This appears to have severely affected our final medal count (12). As Global National put it, it cost $5.8 M per medal based on the funding the government allocated to the athletes.
Anyway, the World Cup of Hockey is on! Go Canada go! (They won 2-1 over USA last night.)